EDC helps Canadian Cleantech Scale up to Global Markets–Cleantech Financing
What can EDC do for you?
Growth and working capital financing
- Scale up to market and build your credit strength with direct loans
Direct loans for up to $10 million to finance work-in-progress costs, expand operations, or enter new markets.
- Get bank loans for early-stage projects and keep your cash flow manageable with loan guarantees
With guarantees to your bank for loans up to $10 million, the Export Guarantee Program helps your bank extend your line of credit and provide term loans for work-in-progress costs, increasing working capital, buying equipment or opening an office outside Canada.
- Increase your working capital with bonding and foreign exchange guarantees
The Account Performance Security Guarantee and Foreign Exchange Facility Guarantee replace the collateral your bank needs for bonding or foreign exchange contracts.
- Get large-scale project support with project financing
We act as a partner to support, arrange and underwrite financing for large scale cleantech projects.
- Accelerate your global growth with our private equity fund
We invest directly in high-potential Canadian cleantech companies to help them expand into global markets.
Ensure you get paid with credit insurance
Our credit insurance covers 90% of your losses if a customer doesn’t pay, and allows you to extend your payment terms.
Protect against political upheaval with Political Risk Insurance
Political Risk Insurance (PRI) can protect your balance sheet from unstable political events.
Market Knowledge and Global Contacts
Make better decisions with industry leading economic and market information
Get detailed information on countries and markets along with in-depth economic analysis and research on trade issues that matter to you.
Meet global companies that need your technology with our trade connections
Our relationships with international companies give us the opportunity to introduce your technology to supply chains that need it.
We can help if you are:
- A Canadian cleantech company with a demonstrated technology or service proven to reduce environmental impacts
- Securing your first export contract or already exporting
Committed to sustainability and prosperity for Canada
EDC is committed to working with Canadian cleantech companies to help realize the economic and environmental benefits of clean technology. Our Cleantech Team has leading financial and export experience, and a willingness to do things differently to promote clean innovation in Canada. Between 2012 and 2016, we worked with more than 170 cleantech companies facilitating over $3.4 billion in export sales.
We are a commercial Crown corporation providing financing, insurance, bonding, trade expertise, and business connections to help Canadian companies sell and invest abroad. Working closely with Global Affairs Canada, the Business Development Bank of Canada and Sustainable Development Technology Canada, we support the commercialization and export of advanced technologies that enable clean energy, resource efficiency and clean water.
Cleantech at EDC
- Support for cleantech business topped $1 billion in 2016
- Almost tripled our cleantech customers since 2012
- Helped over 170 Canadian cleantech companies export to 114 countries
- Facilitated more than $3.4 billion worth of cleantech export business between 2012 and 2016
- Our Cleantech Partners
- Sustainable Development Technology Canada, Business Development Bank of Canada, Global Affairs Canada, MaRS Discovery District, Ecotech Quebec, , Natural Resource Canada, , Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada, Canadian Commercial Corporation